What is Python?
Python is a high-level, general-purpose programming language. Created by Guido van Rossum and released in 1991.
Where Python can be used?
Python can be used to build anything, because it is used in almost every industry that you can imagine, including:
- Machine Learning
- Web Development
- Desktop apps
- Scientific Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Game Development
- Easy to learn and use – Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Powerful, and versatile – making it a great choice for experts.
- Cross-platform – Python works on different platforms (windows, Mac, Linux etc.)
- Code and run – Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written.
- Multiple Programming Paradigms – Python supports several programming paradigm. Like structured programming, object-oriented and functional programming.
In this course we will be learning Python version 3, which is the most recent major version of Python.